Daily Crime Log
The purpose of the daily crime log is to record criminal incidents, and alleged criminal incidents, that are reported to the University of Richmond Police Department.
This data listed may reflect the following:
- Information not yet verified by further investigation
- Preliminary crime classifications that may be changed at a later date based upon further investigation
- Information that may include mechanical or human error
- Arrest information (Note: all arrested persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law)
The University of Richmond Police Department does not guarantee (either expressed or implied) the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of the information, and the information should not be used for comparison purposes over time. The University of Richmond Police Department will not be responsible for any error or omission, or for the use of or the results obtained from the use of this information. This department assumes no responsibility or liability beyond the initial dissemination on this website.
The University of Richmond Police Department provides online information about crimes reported on campus for the current semester. For more information about the crime log or additional statistical data, contact Captain John Jacobs at (804) 289-8724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disposition Index for Campus Crime Log
- Closed – an incident that is no longer being actively investigated i.e. leads exhausted, inactive, exceptionally cleared. Closed cases may be reopened if new evidence becomes available.
- Conduct Referral- the referral of any person to any university official for further action. (Police may or may not be involved in a conduct referral)
- Open – pending/active investigation
- Unfounded – investigated by law enforcement and found to be false or baseless
- Arrest – persons processed by physical arrest or released on a summons
By clicking the "Agree" link, I attest that I have read and understood the provisions stated above.