University PoliceThe University of Richmond Police Department strives to provide a safe and healthy environment to foster success in the classroom and community for students, faculty, staff and visitors. This is accomplished through shared trust, proactive crime prevention strategies, and effective law enforcement methods
Non-Emergency: (804) 289-8715
- RT @VSPPIO: #SuperBowl Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk in #Virginia Plan ahead now to get home #safeandsober #DrivetoSaveLives https://t.co…
- RT @URNews2Use: 2nd annual #RVA @PolarPlungeVA is 2/27 12pm @WillowLawn to benefit @SOlympicsVA! Come out & support @URPolice! https://t.co…
- Motorists should avoid unnecessary travel. If you must, use EXTREME CAUTION on roads, low overnight temps result in icy pavement conditions
- As you leave for Winter Break...REMEMBER to lock your doors! #SpiderReady #OneRichmond #safetyfirst https://t.co/RnNQILJLGG
- Spider Football Gameday Central - FCS Playoffs 2nd Round https://t.co/IdgXmsvc7i
- RT @CCPDVa: Raising awareness during Impaired Driving Prevention Month. #drivesafeandsober @DRIVESMARTVA @MADDOnline https://t.co/tGUf5cHkX9
- URPD Women's Basic Self Defense WHEN: Wednesday October 21, 2015 from 6pm - 8pm WHERE: Keller Hall Reception Room http://t.co/ovG9EgK1qu
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month #CyberAware http://t.co/rCJ4CKEMwq
- via @URNews2Use http://t.co/RHNF4rKKxB
- RT @RichmondPolice: Chief Durham thanks the officers, citizens for UCI success! #Richmond2015 http://t.co/QiZT5BCMum
- Take A Stand http://t.co/yewxs4HNqX
- Probably a good time for a review. #URAlert #SpiderReady #OneRichmond http://t.co/XDqIcOVERS http://t.co/GzGTLjwXxa
- http://t.co/aFoUEtKBWI #UCI2015 #UCI #uciworldchampionships
- Frequently Asked Questions #UCI #UCI2015 #Richmond2015 http://t.co/HKpWNyWvSJ
- #Richmond2015 #UCI2015 #UCI http://t.co/0M9zujPtDh
- RT @richmond2015: #URGoingGlobal: 75 countries represented @richmond2015, 75 countries represented in @urichmond incoming class. http://t.c…
- 2015 National Preparedness Month Week 3: September 13-19th Hurricane Week @Readygov #NatlPrep #OneRichmond #URAlert http://t.co/UjFy3PBVdc
- #RVABuzzkill http://t.co/JB3TO8PNh2
- #RVABuzzkill http://t.co/jj5waEiWU8
- RVA Plunge Winter Fest, Feb. 27, 2016, at a new location, The Shops at Willow Lawn.
- Join Team UR Blue Chill on February 27th at the Willow Lawn Shopping Center for the Virginia Special Olympics RVA Polar Plunge This February 27th, it’s swimsuit season at Willow Lawn shopping center. Our team is helping thousands of Special Olympics Virginia athletes go for the GOLD by participating in the RVA Plunge Winter Fest 2016. You can support our brave efforts by making a secure donation through this site. http://polarplunge.com/View/Page/Richmond
- Women's Self Defense Class coming: When: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 (6-7:30pm) Where: Keller Hall Reception Room Open Session, but you will need to sign-up here http://police.richmond.edu/forms/self-defense-sign-up.html
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) encourages motorists to avoid unnecessary travel. If travel is a must, drivers should exercise EXTREME CAUTION while on roads as low overnight temperatures likely will result in icy pavement conditions during the early morning hours. Pavement may be especially slick on bridges, overpasses and ramps, which freeze first, and roads with lower traffic volumes and shaded spots. Drivers also should be alert for pedestrians walking in roads, especially in more urban areas where most sidewalks are blocked with deep piles of snow.
- Our student workers stepping up and working to help out the Police Department this weekend!
- **UPDATE** Mr. Kazenga has been located and is safe. Oliver Muhoza Kazenga last seen in Houston Texas 01/10/2016, Black Male, Date of Birth 11/21/1985 height 6'1". If you have any information please call 713-274-9360
- Looking to get an update on the closing of the University? Call the Emergency Hotline at 804-289-8760
- While we don't think #snowpocalypse is eminent, you should stay tuned to alert.richmond.edu for emergency updates. Take a few minutes to sign up for UR Alerts to be sure you receive directly any emergency messages. #uralert University of Richmond Department of Public Safety (URDPS)
- When you are ready to drive after the storm remember to: 1. Keep your vehicles fully fueled. 2. Protect your windshield by only using a plastic ice scraper. Don’t pour hot water on your glass; take time to gradually warm and defrost your windshield. 4. Check to make sure your windshield washer fluid reservoir is full as you may use more than normal to keep your windshield clear while driving. 5. Tires lose traction due to moisture from snow and ice and require more braking distance. Keep a safe distance from other vehicles and give yourself more time to stop safely. If you need assistance while on campus at any time please contact the URPD at 289-8715
- With snow on the way make sure you are ready. Visit http://preparedness.richmond.edu/hazards/index.html for more information on what to do before, during, and after the winter weather.
- Stalking A pattern (2 or more) of repeated or unwanted attention, harassment, contact, or any other course of conduct (cyber stalking) directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to feel fear.
- Are you prepared for the cold days ahead? Resolve to be ready in 2016.
- As you leave for Winter Break...REMEMBER to lock your doors!
- Women's Self Defense ClassFeb166:00 PM - 7:30 PMWomen's Self Defense Sign-Up... Continue reading
- DMV ConnectMar039:00 AM - 2:00 PMNeed an ID, but can't get to DMV? DMV Connect will be providing services:... Continue reading