Non-Emergency: (804) 289-8715
Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador and the Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador logo are trademarks of the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, used with permission.
Welcome to our webpages where you can locate our Crime Log and annual Campus Safety Report (CLERY), and a wide variety of information as it pertains to our Department.
The University of Richmond Police Department strives to provide a vibrant and healthy environment by building relationships to foster success in the classroom and community for students, faculty, staff and visitors. We are a campus police department authorized under Virginia Code 23-232.1. The Police Department is nationally accredited through CALEA and remains in good standing since 1990.
The University of Richmond Police Department maintains a statutory obligation under Virginia Code 23-232.2 to disclose certain criminal incident information. Any citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia, currently registered students of the University, or parent of a registered student may inspect and copy criminal incident information.
Criminal incident information includes (i) the date, time, and general location of the alleged crime; (ii) a general description of injuries suffered or property damaged or stolen; and (iii) the name and address of any individual arrested as result of felonies committed against persons or property or misdemeanors involving assault, battery, or moral turpitude reported to the campus police, except where disclosure is prohibited by law.
Thank you for visiting and my contact information is listed under the contacts tab.
Associate Vice President of Public Safety and Chief of Police
- RT @PolarPlungeVa: @urichmond police chief McCoy you are brrrrave! @URNews2Use @WillowLawn https://t.co/LjVlLc74yA
- RT @NBC12: SEVERE WEATHER THREAT TODAY Tornadoes are possible, main threat is High Winds Text "Weatherapp" to "80412" https://t.co/oijyAUQ7…
- RT @VSPPIO: #SuperBowl Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk in #Virginia Plan ahead now to get home #safeandsober #DrivetoSaveLives https://t.co…
- RT @URNews2Use: 2nd annual #RVA @PolarPlungeVA is 2/27 12pm @WillowLawn to benefit @SOlympicsVA! Come out & support @URPolice! https://t.co…
- Motorists should avoid unnecessary travel. If you must, use EXTREME CAUTION on roads, low overnight temps result in icy pavement conditions
- As you leave for Winter Break...REMEMBER to lock your doors! #SpiderReady #OneRichmond #safetyfirst https://t.co/RnNQILJLGG
- Spider Football Gameday Central - FCS Playoffs 2nd Round https://t.co/IdgXmsvc7i
- RT @CCPDVa: Raising awareness during Impaired Driving Prevention Month. #drivesafeandsober @DRIVESMARTVA @MADDOnline https://t.co/tGUf5cHkX9
- URPD Women's Basic Self Defense WHEN: Wednesday October 21, 2015 from 6pm - 8pm WHERE: Keller Hall Reception Room http://t.co/ovG9EgK1qu
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month #CyberAware http://t.co/rCJ4CKEMwq
- via @URNews2Use http://t.co/RHNF4rKKxB
- RT @RichmondPolice: Chief Durham thanks the officers, citizens for UCI success! #Richmond2015 http://t.co/QiZT5BCMum
- Take A Stand http://t.co/yewxs4HNqX
- Probably a good time for a review. #URAlert #SpiderReady #OneRichmond http://t.co/XDqIcOVERS http://t.co/GzGTLjwXxa
- http://t.co/aFoUEtKBWI #UCI2015 #UCI #uciworldchampionships
- Frequently Asked Questions #UCI #UCI2015 #Richmond2015 http://t.co/HKpWNyWvSJ
- #Richmond2015 #UCI2015 #UCI http://t.co/0M9zujPtDh
- RT @richmond2015: #URGoingGlobal: 75 countries represented @richmond2015, 75 countries represented in @urichmond incoming class. http://t.c…
- 2015 National Preparedness Month Week 3: September 13-19th Hurricane Week @Readygov #NatlPrep #OneRichmond #URAlert http://t.co/UjFy3PBVdc
- With storms in this afternoon's forecast it is a good time to remember...
- Congratulations, Brittany Schaal on your election to chair of the Virginia Emergency Management Association Institutions of Higher Education Caucus for the State of Virginia.
- VEHICLE SAFETY CHECK DAY ABSOLUTELY FREE For you and your car 11 AM TO 3 PM April 22nd Special Events Lot (B-5) Give your car a safety check-up and leave the checkbook at home. We have fluids and materials on hand for your car. Treat your car right and let’s keep it safe and happy. • Pizza and Drinks • Volunteers just for you and your Car. University of Richmond Police Department
- Chief Dave McCoy receives the 2016 University Staff award from Dean Merritt and International Education. Presenting the award is University President Ronald A Crutcher.
- In an effort to combat the growing epidemic of prescription drug and heroin abuse, the FBI and DEA have released "Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict," a documentary aimed at educating students and young adults about the dangers of addiction. More at www.fbi.gov/ChasingTheDragon
- The University of Richmond is participating in the Statewide Tornado Drill today at 9:45 a.m. This is an active drill. Please seek shelter at posted locations or in an interior location on the lowest level of the building. Avoid windows, glass walls, and exterior doorways. During an actual threat, the outdoor warning system siren would remain continuous until the danger had passed.
- A lert knows: during a tornado, get low, low, low. Are you alert?
- March 1 marks the beginning of meteorological spring. Spring is a time of transition, when late-season snowstorms can impact the East Coast, thunderstorms rip across the South and rivers overflow their banks. Make sure you are prepared for hazardous weather this spring!
- Polar Plunge this past weekend. Three of our very own took the plunge.
- The Office of Emergency Management is sponsoring the The Kurt the Lert Poster Design Competition. Every student on campus (full-time, part-time, undergraduate, or graduate) may submit one or more designs for a new Kurt the Lert Poster. Up to 6 winning poster designs will be chosen. Each winning design will receive $250 credited to their student organization- that's a total of up $1,500 for your organization!! Learn more at http://kurtthelert.wix.com/postercompetition.
- Come chill with us at the RVA Plunge Winter Fest, Feb. 27, 2016, at a new location, The Shops at Willow Lawn. • 12pm RVA Plunge Winter Fest starts Plunge registration opens • 2pmRegistration closes Red Carpet Costume Contest begins Awards announced for costumes/fundraising stage • 2:20pm Plunge safety briefing – stage • 2:30pm The Plunge! • 4pm Winter Fest comes to a close Plunge After Party at American Taproom starts!
- With the chance of severe weather this afternoon make sure you are alert.
- February is Flood Safety Month. Know your risks and what to do before, during, and after a flood. Visit http://preparedness.richmond.edu/ for more information.
- Register early, class size limited: police.richmond.edu/forms/rad-sign-up.html
- Congratulations to Officer Dave Johnson for being awarded Employee of the Year.
There are no events currently scheduled.