Non-Emergency: (804) 289-8715
Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador and the Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador logo are trademarks of the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, used with permission.
Welcome to our webpages where you can locate our Crime Log and annual Campus Safety Report (CLERY), and a wide variety of information as it pertains to our Department.
The University of Richmond Police Department strives to provide a vibrant and healthy environment by building relationships to foster success in the classroom and community for students, faculty, staff and visitors. We are a campus police department authorized under Virginia Code 23-232.1. The Police Department is nationally accredited through CALEA and remains in good standing since 1990.
The University of Richmond Police Department maintains a statutory obligation under Virginia Code 23-232.2 to disclose certain criminal incident information. Any citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia, currently registered students of the University, or parent of a registered student may inspect and copy criminal incident information.
Criminal incident information includes (i) the date, time, and general location of the alleged crime; (ii) a general description of injuries suffered or property damaged or stolen; and (iii) the name and address of any individual arrested as result of felonies committed against persons or property or misdemeanors involving assault, battery, or moral turpitude reported to the campus police, except where disclosure is prohibited by law.
Thank you for visiting and my contact information is listed under the contacts tab.
Associate Vice President of Public Safety and Chief of Police
- Track UR Transportation Shuttles with the DoubleMap app. https://t.co/5jVq1EEeOo https://t.co/nDhOGCfrJn
- Driving drunk is never a good idea. Make the smart choice and #DriveSober. https://t.co/c8K08VYUAC
- RT @VDEM: #HRVA what’s in your emergency supply kit? Get ideas at https://t.co/p99pdInkDU and save $ during #salestaxholiday weekend
- RT @USDOL: Stay safe in the heat with #WaterRestShade. https://t.co/kfrGhC68fv #OSHA https://t.co/lhPwvDuHyU
- RT @HenricoPolice: The Henrico County employee family gathered for moment of silence today. #Love #RVA #Community #Police https://t.co/p1W9…
- RT @VDEM: Temperatures in the high 90s, heat index above 100s for many parts of #Virginia today, tomorrow and through the wknd https://t.co…
- RT @NHTSAgov: It’s Vehicle Theft Prevention Month. Look for tips all month long about protecting your ride! https://t.co/PNaRERApPj
- RT @NHTSAgov: Declare your independence today! Designate a sober driver to get you home safely. #BuzzedDriving is drunk driving. https://t.…
- RT @SOlympicsVA: The Flame of Hope has been lit and #SummerGames is officially open! #CheerYourHeartOutSide https://t.co/6UgCvyfiiB
- RT @NHTSAgov: It doesn't take long to potentially begin a lifetime of regret. 📱 down, 👀 ’s up. #justdrive https://t.co/7714cvOuti
- RT @DRIVESMARTVA: Seat belts save more than 12,000 lives each year: https://t.co/2lxbTEu3jm
- RT @VDEM: Today we remember those who courageously gave their lives for our freedom. #HonorThem #MemorialDay https://t.co/yOOfnh0w99
- https://t.co/gjCCZRBZQt https://t.co/IwrCaZOIsj
- RT @PolarPlungeVa: @urichmond police chief McCoy you are brrrrave! @URNews2Use @WillowLawn https://t.co/LjVlLc74yA
- RT @NBC12: SEVERE WEATHER THREAT TODAY Tornadoes are possible, main threat is High Winds Text "Weatherapp" to "80412" https://t.co/oijyAUQ7…
- RT @VSPPIO: #SuperBowl Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk in #Virginia Plan ahead now to get home #safeandsober #DrivetoSaveLives https://t.co…
- RT @URNews2Use: 2nd annual #RVA @PolarPlungeVA is 2/27 12pm @WillowLawn to benefit @SOlympicsVA! Come out & support @URPolice! https://t.co…
- Motorists should avoid unnecessary travel. If you must, use EXTREME CAUTION on roads, low overnight temps result in icy pavement conditions
- As you leave for Winter Break...REMEMBER to lock your doors! #SpiderReady #OneRichmond #safetyfirst https://t.co/RnNQILJLGG
- Track UR Transportation Shuttles with the DoubleMap app. http://transportation.richmond.edu/
- DMV2Go University of Richmond Tuesday September 06, 2016 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/general/#dmv_2go.asp
- We encourage all students, faculty and staff to submit an electronic inventory form of valuable items stored in residence halls or offices. These items may include personal and University-owned computers, scanners, printers, stereo equipment, televisions, etc. Please keep a copy of the inventory list in your files. University Police will also keep this information on file, but you should be able to produce a copy of your inventory form in case of theft. Please submit as many copies of the form as needed. If have any questions about registration, contact Officer Aubrey Blizzard at 289-8715 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On August 2nd, URPD Officer Dave Johnson and URPD Communications Officer Jessica Johnson were invited to attend National Night out at Speaking Spirit Ministries in Henrico County.
- Emergency communications phone lines are back up and running on campus.
- Due to power outage phone lines on campus are down. Dial 911 for emergencies only until further notice.
- Virginia Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (VACLEA) President and UR Police Chief Dave McCoy presents a VACLEA scholarship award to Kaitlin Perez nominated by URPD Officer Ralph Perez. Best of luck next semester Kaitlin!!
- With the threat of thunderstorms this afternoon remember...