University PoliceThe University of Richmond Police Department strives to provide a safe and healthy environment to foster success in the classroom and community for students, faculty, staff and visitors. This is accomplished through shared trust, proactive crime prevention strategies, and effective law enforcement methods
Non-Emergency: (804) 289-8715
- Be Smart @urichmond #SpiderReady #stormsafety #rvawx http://t.co/VK9sopK4Uo http://t.co/18yY0RS2tV
- RT @richmond2015: Road warriors feast your eyes on @urichmond, the “most beautiful liberal arts college in America,” during Men’s Elite htt…
- Employee Wellness Spotlight: Officer Dave Johnson - UR Police Department #URWELLNESS #UR #OneRichmond http://t.co/1UxqrmJvCw
- RT @drinlow: Thx .@URPolice, .@VCUPD, .@RichmondPolice & .@HenricoPolice dispatchers for the behind the scenes work that you do. http://t.c…
- Happy National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week! Thank you for all you do!! http://t.co/0V7kSRJbIZ
- DMV 2 GO is coming to U of R! April 16th, 2015 https://t.co/buQvaKfWKQ
- Electronics Recycling Collection Event Location: Parking Lot B5 Event Date: Wednesday, March 18, 10am Cost: FREE URL: http://t.co/JyUgSG9TNv
- Open Session Dates for URPD Women's Self-Defense Classes – March 25th & April 1st. Sign Up at http://t.co/NRaSDbPrVn http://t.co/KbHBAKKu1m
- The coolest thing you'll do all year. Bbrrrave the #RVAPolarPlunge with @URPD and more to support @SpecialOlympics - http://t.co/nBd9FniS6h
- "Bold. Cold. Wearing the Gold." You can too. #RVAPolarPlunge on Feb. 28 at noon. Details at http://t.co/nBd9FniS6h. Support @SpecialOlympics
- We are cold, bold and going for gold! Join @urpd for #RVAPolarPlunge supporting @SpecialOlympics; Register donate @ http://t.co/nBd9Fn1gHH
- ATTN: @RichmondPolice @HenricoPolice @ChesterfieldPD - join @URPD in #RVAPolarPlunge! http://t.co/nBd9FniS6h to help @SpecialOlympics
- Join us and #PlungeAsOne in support of @SpecialOlympics; #RVAPolarPlunge is 2/28 at noon. Details at http://t.co/nBd9FniS6h #donate #URPD
- Henrico Police Academy - Uptown Funk: http://t.co/QEtQ4ElOEF via @YouTube
- RT @8NEWS: Here is a look at the radar as of 9pm. Snow is increasing in coverage over the area, but still light. More at 11. http://t.co/l…
- RT @KristenLuehrs: Drive at reduced speeds, headlights on when wipers are used for max visibility & keep a safe distance of at least 5 seco…
- RT @drinlow: Police dispatchers are the heroes no one ever hears about. Thank you! .@RichmondPolice .@URDPS .@URPolice .@HenricoPolice .@VC…
- RT @KristenLuehrs: When driving in inclement weather, use your headlights even at midday so that others will see you. Clear headlights/tail…
- September 1 marks the beginning of meteorological fall. Fall is a time for back-to-school, football, and cooler temperatures. It's also the peak of hurricane season!
- How many feet between a motorist and a bicyclist should you have when passing at a reasonable speed in the State of Virginia? Effective July 1, 2014, motorists must approach and pass a bicyclist at a reasonable speed at least _____ feet to the left of the bicyclist.
- Virginia Special Olympics would like to thank the Forest Hill WaWa and their great customers for their support of the University of Richmond Police Department fundraising effort.
- No one knows the true origin of Kurt the Lert. Some say he’s the result of an experiment gone wrong in Gottwald; some say he rose from Westhampton Lake. But what we do know is he seems to look like many of the different animals you might see around campus, all rolled into one. But the most important thing is that he is alert. He’s prepared for any hazard he may encounter. Are you alert?
- The Ad Council and FEMA launched a new public service advertisement (PSA) to raise awareness about the importance of being prepared for emergencies.
- Road warriors feast your eyes on University of Richmond, the “most beautiful liberal arts college in America,” during Men’s Elite http://www.richmond.edu/richmond2015/
- Employee Wellness Spotlight: Officer Dave Johnson - UR Police Department http://employeewellness.richmond.edu/common/august-newsletter.pdf
- A friendly reminder for this fall!!
- As of July 8, 17 people have died from lightning strikes this year in the US. All of these deaths were avoidable. Remember to go indoors when thunder roars. For more information about lightning safety visit http://www.weather.gov/lightning
- Congratulations to Officer Dave Johnson on winning the gold in the World Police & Fire Games!
- What is an ATM skimmer? How to Avoid being Skimmed - Inspect the ATM, gas pump, or credit card reader before using it…be suspicious if you see anything loose, crooked, or damaged, or if you notice scratches or adhesive/tape residue. - When entering your PIN, block the keypad with your other hand to prevent possible hidden cameras from recording your number. - If possible, use an ATM at an inside location (less access for criminals to install skimmers). - Be careful of ATMs in tourist areas…they are a popular target of skimmers. - If your card isn’t returned after the transaction or after hitting “cancel,” immediately contact the financial institution that issued the card.
- The University of Richmond Department of Public Safety would like to wish UR Officer Dave Johnson the best of luck as he participates in World Police & Fire Games this weekend.
- Here are some helpful tips for today's high temperatures. Staying cool, hydrated and informed can save lives!
- Hurricane season has started? Are you prepared?
- There is still time to take advantage of Virginia's Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday!
- It's National Hurricane Preparedness Week. Are you ready? #ItOnlyTakesOne Visit preparedness.richmond.edu for information on how to prepare for a hurricane.
- June 12 the Virginia Special Olympics Summer Games arrive on campus. Come over and cheer our athletes. Opening Ceremonies and torch lighting occur the evening of June 12 at our Robins Center.