Non-Emergency: (804) 289-8715
Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador and the Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador logo are trademarks of the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, used with permission.
Welcome to our webpages where you can locate our Crime Log and annual Campus Safety Report (CLERY), and a wide variety of information as it pertains to our Department.
The University of Richmond Police Department strives to provide a vibrant and healthy environment by building relationships to foster success in the classroom and community for students, faculty, staff and visitors. We are a campus police department authorized under Virginia Code 23-232.1. The Police Department is nationally accredited through CALEA and remains in good standing since 1990.
The University of Richmond Police Department maintains a statutory obligation under Virginia Code 23-232.2 to disclose certain criminal incident information. Any citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia, currently registered students of the University, or parent of a registered student may inspect and copy criminal incident information.
Criminal incident information includes (i) the date, time, and general location of the alleged crime; (ii) a general description of injuries suffered or property damaged or stolen; and (iii) the name and address of any individual arrested as result of felonies committed against persons or property or misdemeanors involving assault, battery, or moral turpitude reported to the campus police, except where disclosure is prohibited by law.
Thank you for visiting and my contact information is listed under the contacts tab.
Associate Vice President of Public Safety and Chief of Police
- RT @SOlympicsVA: The Flame of Hope has been lit and #SummerGames is officially open! #CheerYourHeartOutSide https://t.co/6UgCvyfiiB
- RT @NHTSAgov: It doesn't take long to potentially begin a lifetime of regret. 📱 down, 👀 ’s up. #justdrive https://t.co/7714cvOuti
- RT @DRIVESMARTVA: Seat belts save more than 12,000 lives each year: https://t.co/2lxbTEu3jm
- RT @VDEM: Today we remember those who courageously gave their lives for our freedom. #HonorThem #MemorialDay https://t.co/yOOfnh0w99
- https://t.co/gjCCZRBZQt https://t.co/IwrCaZOIsj
- RT @PolarPlungeVa: @urichmond police chief McCoy you are brrrrave! @URNews2Use @WillowLawn https://t.co/LjVlLc74yA
- RT @NBC12: SEVERE WEATHER THREAT TODAY Tornadoes are possible, main threat is High Winds Text "Weatherapp" to "80412" https://t.co/oijyAUQ7…
- RT @VSPPIO: #SuperBowl Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk in #Virginia Plan ahead now to get home #safeandsober #DrivetoSaveLives https://t.co…
- RT @URNews2Use: 2nd annual #RVA @PolarPlungeVA is 2/27 12pm @WillowLawn to benefit @SOlympicsVA! Come out & support @URPolice! https://t.co…
- Motorists should avoid unnecessary travel. If you must, use EXTREME CAUTION on roads, low overnight temps result in icy pavement conditions
- As you leave for Winter Break...REMEMBER to lock your doors! #SpiderReady #OneRichmond #safetyfirst https://t.co/RnNQILJLGG
- Spider Football Gameday Central - FCS Playoffs 2nd Round https://t.co/IdgXmsvc7i
- RT @CCPDVa: Raising awareness during Impaired Driving Prevention Month. #drivesafeandsober @DRIVESMARTVA @MADDOnline https://t.co/tGUf5cHkX9
- URPD Women's Basic Self Defense WHEN: Wednesday October 21, 2015 from 6pm - 8pm WHERE: Keller Hall Reception Room http://t.co/ovG9EgK1qu
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month #CyberAware http://t.co/rCJ4CKEMwq
- via @URNews2Use http://t.co/RHNF4rKKxB
- RT @RichmondPolice: Chief Durham thanks the officers, citizens for UCI success! #Richmond2015 http://t.co/QiZT5BCMum
- Take A Stand http://t.co/yewxs4HNqX
- Probably a good time for a review. #URAlert #SpiderReady #OneRichmond http://t.co/XDqIcOVERS http://t.co/GzGTLjwXxa
- With the threat of thunderstorms this afternoon remember...
- New World Magischola (http://magischola.com/) is a four-day, live-action role-playing (LARP) event where adults participate in costume as wizards at a magical school. We want you to know that Magischola has arranged to use University facilities over the course of the summer -- June 16-19, June 23-26, July 21-24, and July 28-31. New World Magischola participants will be staying in Thomas Hall, Jeter Hall, Robins Hall, and Moore Hall; eating in the Heilman Dining Center; and using classroom space in Ryland Hall, Jepson Hall, and the International Center for each of the four three-day programs. As such, the campus community might encounter participants in masks, robes, and costumes and/or observe smoke in Ryland Hall classrooms or labs. Please be aware that this is part of the Magischola experience and Events, Conferences, and Support Services is working closely with Facilities, URPD, and other campus departments to ensure the safety of all players and the campus community. Event organizers have asked that faculty, staff, and students not interact with participants while they are on campus. If you have any questions about New World Magischola, please contact David Donaldson, operations and summer programs coordinator, at 289-8934 or email@example.com.
- Volunteer to Cheer Your applause and encouragement are an important part of our athletes’ experience, and make competitions more fun for everyone involved. So come cheer your heart out! http://specialolympicsva.org/volunteer/volunteer-to-cheer
- Today marks the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season. Hurricanes are not just powerful gusts of wind ??? they can produce dangerous amounts of rain & flooding, too. Learn how to protect your family and home from all the potential effects of hurricanes at https://www.ready.gov/
- Share The Road. All motorists are reminded to safely "share the road" with motorcycles and to be extra alert to help keep motorcyclists safe. Motorcyclists are reminded to make themselves visible to other motorists.
- The University of Richmond Police Department will be holding a public auction of the below listed unclaimed property per VA Code 15.2-1719 and 15.2-1720. This auction will take place on May 23, 2016, if items have not been claimed by the rightful owner. If you believe any of this property belongs to you, please contact Sgt. Jeff Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lt. Eric Beatty at email@example.com. Items will be available for public viewing in the lobby of the Wellness Center on May 23, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Bidding will begin on May 23, 2016 at 9 a.m., and will close at 7 p.m. the same day. Only bids posted and time stamped before 7 p.m. will be accepted. Interested parties may place bids remotely by accessing the bid forms linked on the website, or on-site by scanning QR codes affixed to the items up for bid. Winning bidders will be notified on May 24, 2016, and payment and pick-up must be complete by Friday, May 27, 2016, at 5 p.m.. Winning bidders who have not made payment and picked up bicycles by that time will forfeit the item and the next highest bidder will be notified.
There are no events currently scheduled.