The Services Section is responsible for many aspects of the department that support the Operations Section:
- Accreditation Management - The University of Richmond Police Department is one of three college law enforcement agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia that is a accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, and is one of 46 similarly accredited college law enforcement agencies nationwide.
- Communications Center - Oversees a complement of six communications officers who staff the communications center 24-hours a day, seven days a week on fixed schedules; maintains various telephone and computer equipment used to answer and dispatch calls for service to the Patrol Unit.
- Crime Statistics - Maintains statistics as required by the FBI, the Virginia Department of State Police, and other federally mandated agencies.
- Property and Evidence Unit - Maintains custody, control, and inventory of all evidence, recovered, seized, and found property. Also maintains custody, control, and inventory of all University of Richmond Police Department property.
- Records Unit - Reviews and approves officer reports; distributes reports as needed; processes all arrest paperwork.
- Training - Plans and develops training programs; notifies personnel of required training and training that is available to agency personnel; maintains training records; ensures that required training programs are attended; implements training programs; selects instructors; evaluates training programs; coordinates training programs.
- Written Communications - Maintains forms control; prepares written directives; maintains directives inventory and control; prepares annual report; maintains current copy of all Division SOP's and plans/task specific manuals; maintains department web site.